Modal verbs with Perfect Infinitive
|must have + Ved, Vз|| They must have forgotten their promise.|
Они, должно быть, забыли своё обещание.
|may have + Ved, Vз|| The agreement may have been signed.|
Возможно, соглашение было подписано.
He may have left from Moscow.
Может быть (возможно) он уехал из Москвы.
|ought to have + Ved, Vз|| He ought not to have sent that telegram.|
Он не должен был посылать эту телеграмму.
|should have + Ved, Vз|| He should have helped them.|
Он должен был (ему следовало) помочь им.
|Can have + Ved, Vз|| Can he have left?|
Неужели он уехал?
He cannot have said it.
Не может быть, чтобы он это сказал.
|Could have + Ved, Vз|| He could have asked me about it.|
Он мог бы попросить меня об этом
Задание 26. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на формы модальных глаголов с перфектным инфинитивом:
1. He couldn’t have driven to the airport because his car had been stolen.
2. We could have gone away if we’d had enough money.
3. You did very well to pass the exam. I’m sure I couldn’t have passed it.
4. I was so tired I could have slept for a week.
5. I wonder why she didn’t say hello. She might not have seen me.
6. She might not have known about it.
7. She may have been a sleep.
8. He took an umbrella because he thought it was going to rain. But it didn’t rain He needn’t have taken an umbrella.
9. I needn’t have got up so early. I could have stayed in bed longer.
10. You needn’t have rushed. You could have taken you time.
11. I’m feeling sick. I ate too much. I should not have eaten so much.
12. I wonder why they are so late. They should have been here an hour ago.
13. It was a great party last night. You ought to have come.
14. The situation was bad but it could have been worse.